Saturday, August 23, 2008

BUSY..BUSY

Wow, it seems like life has been crazy lately. We have been trying to cram in as many things as possible before this summer ends. It has been fun as well as exausting. Here are some of the things we have been doing in the last couple weeks...
Trevor has not been backpacking with his dad in over 5 years. So, some of the Reddish's planned a trip, and they took lamas and went backpacking in the Uintas. They got rained on and Trevor said the hike was pretty rugged, but I think he was so glad to be able to get to do that with his dad again.


We ended up getting some flooring from Tessa and Brandon that they weren't able to use and put it in out kitchen. This is what the new floor looks like. I love it, but it took us a few days to get that in ourselves. I must say... me and Trevor worked pretty well togther.
We got some baseball tickets through Trevor's work, so we got to go see the Idaho Falls Chuckers play. It was a very fun night. Keyton loved to yell at the players and stomp his feet with the crowd. He got his T-shirt autographed by Charlie the Chucker but not before he gave the bird a big hug and kiss right on the beak. Of course, like anywhere else we go, he found himself a good looking teenage girlfriend (that kid is such the ladies man), and he managed to swindle his way out of a foul ball. Long story but so cute I have to tell it. I told him to take his glove to the game in case a foul ball came our way. So he carried it around most of the night. And what are the odds... a foul ball came right to us. But before Trevor could get it this teenager dove through the benches and was wrestling for it under our bench. Keyton saw him get the ball and went over and said very politley, "Can I please have that ball?" (knowing it was rightfully his) and of course, the kid couldn't tell him no.
Then, this weekend we went camping for a night and took Keyton's 4-wheeler up with us. He has only ever ridden it on the sidewalk by our house, and he thought it was great to actually get to ride it in the mountains. All I can say is that I think we have a future 4-wheeler racer on our hands. I hope this video works because it is a crack up.




8 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun! Next time you guys are in I.F. you hafta let us know! We live so close to the Chuckars field! Keyton is such a cutie...looks like he loves his fourwheeler! Bet he would ride it all day if the batteries didn't die huh! Take care!

Caywood Clan said...

Wow it sounds like you are all haveing a lot of fun!!! I know what you mean about trying to cram in everything before summer ends...I can't believe it's almost September already!!! That is such a cute story about the baseball!! LOVE your new floor it looks so fabulous! I can't believe you guys did it by yourselves it looks sooo good!!

Jeff and Lea said...

That is the best video! He is so good! I'm so glad he likes his 4-wheeler now. Jeff and I just laughed at it, so dang cute. Your floor looks great, although I can't remeber what it looked like before. I can't believe summer is almost over, although we really didn't have a summer here. Our warmest month so far was in Feb. Crazy huh?

TORI, SHAD, AND TY said...

You guys have been busy! Sounds like fun though. Can you believe the summer is almost over? I have been so miserable and pregnant that I feel like I completely missed it. I am gald you guys enjoyed the last of it!

Brandon N Tessa said...

your floor is awesome i am so freakin jealous i love it... but some day i will it again... xoxo it was good to hear from you this morning love ya sis...

Mom Higgins said...

This message is for Keyton...you are soooo cute! I just love you. See you on Friday

Kami said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We love camping, in fact we're going tonight! Man, Keyton is going to be a great driver!! I was just noticing your playlist, and I was actually just thinking of doing a movie playlist too. You've got some fun stuff on there. Well, enjoy the rest of your summer.

Burdick Family said...

Hi Dayna- I just stumbled across your blog. Keyton is so cute and getting so big! About time for another one??? Rachel is here with me- we need to get her a blog set up soon. This is a fun way to keep in touch.