Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pigs do fly....and they "flu" past our house

Yes, I believe we have the swine flu. Can I just say this has been the worst week of my life (physically and health wise). So, you get to hear me vent. Last Tuesday, I woke up and literally could not move my head off the pillow. Any tiny movement I made sent this shooting pain through my entire body. Trevor was at work, so I had to call my little sister and tell her the baby was awake and I couldn't go get him cuz I couldn't move. She came to my house and took care of me (poor girl) until Trevor got here cause I called his work and told him I needed some serious help. Apparently I have a bulging disc in my neck and I've heard of it but never imagined it could be so painful. I have been in full blown labor pushing a baby out and the pain was pretty comparable to that. Everytime I tried to move or even when I didn't there is was, making me scream and cry. It was intense. So I had just started feeling better from that on Sunday and Keyton had a fever that morning. It got worse throughout the day and by the end of the day I had one too. After going through aches, chills, cold sweats, my chest feeling like it is about to explode, losing my voice, coughing up a lung, an ear infection and a sinus infection... today is the first day I am feeling semi human. However, I am still coughing and raspy so I'm not sure this is over yet. Keyton had it for about 3 days and Seth has had an ear infection and is now losing his voice. Lets just say, it's been a long week at this house. Please pigs skip our house next time!

5 comments:

David and Company said...

Hang in there...there is nothing worse than being sick and having to take care of your little ones...wish we could help you more. Get feeling better so we can come visit!!!

Jeff and Lea said...

Oh my heck!! That is one huge hell week for you! A bulged disc? I wonder how it happened. I'm glad you are feeling better. Has Trevor gotten it too? Love you and hang in there. So glad you had some help from your sister!

Stringham Family said...

I hope everyone gets feeling better soon! That is so scary! If you are still feeling sick though, I would go in and talk to your doc. My mom got the swine flu and she has permanent lung damage cause she waited to long to get treated! I would get you and the kids in asap if you are unsure about things! Hope everyone feels better and you get back to normal soon! Give us a call if we can bring you dinner or something! We are having some kind of homemade soup tonight and we would love to share if you need dinner! We are also having some homemade wassail if you want some of that. Always helps sooth my throat! Let us know! :)

Tricia said...

I am sorry to hear of all your troubles.

Kami said...

Wow, bummer deal! When it rains it pours, but it sounds like you've had your share of hard times for a while! Good thing your sister was close enough to help!